Tuesday, July 17, 2012

On July 25th Reduce Tension with The Alexander Technique.

Hi Everyone! After a couple of months off, I am now back to offering monthly demonstrations of this wonderful stress-reduction technique. If you are new to Alexander's work or interested in reconnecting to it, this 90 minute demonstration is a great way to experience hands-on work, meet me and make some new friends. Not too shabby for an hour and a half!

About Alexander Technique

Alexander's work is a comprehensive education, a holistic wake up call or a sensory re-education, if you will, that teaches us how to let our muscular system work at the appropriate speed and volume. With instructive touch and verbal cues, the Alexander teacher gives the student guidelines on how to reduce tension that is being unconsciously held throughout the body. When we let go of such muscular dis-ease, our sensory appreciation improves and we develop a greater ability to prevent that tension from creeping in again and "disturbing the works." In lessons, some muscles get stronger while others get softer, and the good ol' computer bank (um, your BRAIN) gets a reboot that leaves us feeling calm and empowered.

This tactile wake up call to stress is unusual and highly effective. One leaves lessons feeling happier, rejuvenated and much less stressed out. Alive and relaxed, we move better, breathe easier and feel happier all around. That is a promise. The magic of being upright is not a luxury...it's your birthright. I hope you will join me at the demo.

Benefits: Better Breath Support, Better Posture, a Healthier Muscular System, A Stronger Back and Spine, Healthier Joints. And so much more. Oh, and a Quieter Mind.

What: A Demonstration of the Alexander Technique

Where: 330 West 38th Street, Suite 805

When: Wednesday, July 25. 6:30-8pm

Contact: Wendy at 646-696-0288 or email wendy@wendyallegaert.com. I keep these demonstrations small and a reservation is required. Let me know if you'd like a seat!!

Best, wendy

You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself in any direction you choose.
You're on your own.
And you know what you know.
You are the guy who'll decide where to go. ~
- Dr. Seuss


***

What People are Saying.

I definitely feel great and taken care of and more balanced and good. Thank you so much.

Jasmine Jobity
Entrepreneur, Performer and Founder – Voices in Prosperity

Each time I have a lesson with Wendy it takes me by sweet surprise. Something opens in my body--and my heart--that wasn't expected. Her hands hold a tender power that allows a release of tension and a larger breathing of the body. Wendy has imbued in me a desire to practice in which discipline is accompanied by delight. When I walk into an audition, the accessing of this skill is a feeling of ease that is priceless.

Anne O'Sullivan , Actor

"I remember observing a fellow class participant realign herself according to Wendy 's instruction and was amazed at how much more powerful they seemed to become."

Mutiyat – Performer

You are a WONDERFUL practitioner! Magic hands!!!
-- Jennifer Skura
Actress and playwright

"Fear in the body interferes with charisma. Alexander helps the actor release it. Ease of movement and a freer voice are side benefits, to my point of view. Job One is living in the present by letting go of defensive gripping in the body. I continue to take Alexander lessons from Wendy because I can feel my natural power when my muscles let go of chronic alarm."

-- Robert McCaskill
Acting Coach

No comments:

Post a Comment